Slow cookers are quite famous in modern kitchens of today. They are especially suitable for a busy family who enjoy home-cooked delicious meals but cannot waste a lot of their time in the kitchen. Slow cookers are time-saving, convenient to use, and budget friendly. With these you can cook delicious meals at home with very less utilization of your time and energy. This means you would be more inclined to cook at home to be served with healthier and more budget friendly meals than what you get from take-outs. Here are some simple and delicious recipes you can try:
Slow cooker roasted tomato soup:
This roasted tomato soup is a delicacy of the cold weather. Your family can enjoy it together by the fireplace on cold winter evenings.
- 4 to 5 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- ½ tsp cooking oil
- Salt and pepper according to your taste
- Preheat your oven.
- Spread aluminum foil over a baking dish.
- Lay sliced tomatoes, chopped onion and garlic cloves over the foil. Sprinkle oil over it along with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast vegetables for half an hour or until the vegetables become soft. Be careful not to burn them.
- Add the roasted vegetables into the slow cooker with the stock.
- Let cook for at least 2 hours.
- Use an immersion blender to blend your contents right in the cooker. In the absence of an immersion blender, you can transfer your ingredients to the jug of your countertop blender and blend well. You should get a smooth consistency.
- Taste your soup and add salt and pepper as required.
If you are new to slow cooking and unsure as to what to look before buying a slow cooker and how to use slow cooker, make sure you read slow cooker buyer’s guide before buying one.
Slow cooker banana oatmeal:
This is a very easy-to-make nutritious and delicious breakfast to start off your day with a boost in your energy level and mood. This recipe makes enough for 6 servings so your whole family can enjoy it together.
- 2 cups of water
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 cup oats
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Add water, 1 cup milk, oats, cinnamon, mashed bananas and salt in your slow cooker.
- Close the lid of the cooker and turn it on.
- Let the contents cook on ‘low’ setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- After this time, check to see if the oats are soft.
- When your meal is ready, you can transfer the contents of the cooker to serving bowls.
- Add the remaining milk to the bowl.
- Garnish the meal with maple syrup and chopped walnuts.
These are only 2 of the simplest recipes you can try with your slow cooker. Once you have gained your confidence with the success of these recipes you can try more sophisticated ones.